My Beautiful Babies!

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Happy, Happy, Happy Thanksgiving!!!

I am having so much fun!!

Well Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!! I wish I could have seen you all. But instead we had part of my wonderful family and part of John's wonderful family. Steve, Leigh, and Rebekah Pierce were here in addition to John D. and Jake Quinn. It was our first Thanksgiving that John and I have hosted as a married couple. It went really well!!! It was so good to have a loving environment in which to give thanks for and with people you love and who love you!!

Mom, Dad, and Beckers arrived at 12:30 am on Thursday (Wednesday night). They drove all day and part of the night to come visit us here in South Dakota. Pops and Jake came earlier that Wednesday. They stayed in a hotel and my family stayed at the house. It was a very full apartment. John D. and Jake had to leave on Friday, due to Jake working 10pm to 4am. Everyone had to leave on Saturday.

Hellos are so sweet!!

Good morning!!

Look who was here this morning!!!

I loved this set of photos. It shows Beckers and Lochlan becoming reacquainted. I think it is just too cute!!

Tickle, Tickle

It was this big!!

Can I touch???

Awww!!! So perfect!!

In preparation for their arrival we had to rent two couches and a dining room table. The futon that we use as a couch was being used as a bed. We also only have an itty bitty table that would not hold 7 adults, 1 baby, and the abundance of Thanksgiving dinner.

Hanging out in the Aberdeen apartment on Thanksgiving

Letting all the food settle

Instead of the traditional turkey, we had chicken and ham. The chicken was raised by John D. and the ham was from the pig that was given to us for John's birthday. What a bounty God has blessed us with!!! Mom made and transported 2 apple cranberry crumble pies!! They were worth the trek... Raspberry cheesecake and of course traditional pumpkin pie graced the table. I know that not all of you want to know what we had for Thanksgiving dinner, but it was such a smashing success that I need/have to brag about it...

Such a Happy Thanksgiving!!

Surrounded by love

Doesn't that look nice???

For posterity

After Thanksgiving dinner we played Mexican Train dominoes and ate pie!! Mom brought 2 apple cranberry crumble pies. Two Pumpkin were made in SD. We also had raspberry cheesecake.

A little whip cream with my pie!

Leigh and her Man

I am up here with the big guys!!

The fork is so good!!

Lochlan loved having both his grandpa's and one of his grandma here all at the same time!!! He was quite spoiled as far as being constantly entertained is concerned. Now he will have to learn how to self entertain again!!



Playing with Papa!!

The crow and some thing shiny...


Where did they go???

More kisses from Papa!

John was off for Thanksgiving, but had to work on Friday. That was such a blessing, him being able to be home for Thanksgiving. Another thing to be thankful for. He was able to show us the Firehouse Friday night. Dad specifically asked to see the job that he is so proud of. I think John had a good time showing his "baby" off. I was just thinking how so many little boys want to be firemen when they grow up, and John actually got to do just that!!

John showing of 'his' truck

The infamous fireman pole

Santa and Mrs. Clause came to Aberdeen on a firetruck on Friday!! They came to the mall and we went to see them arrive. Then we looked for some jeans for Dad. Didn't find any, but we did find some shoes for him. After we left the mall we went to Main Street for the Festival of Lights, which was a small parade after the lighting of the official Aberdeen Christmas tree. The was a small marching band and some floats that had Christmas lights. Santa and Mrs. Clause were there as well as a fire engine with Christmas lights. It was very cold, but we were thrown some candy and had a blast!!

Santa and Mrs. Clause being dropped off by the Aberdeen Fire Dept.

Lochlan looking at the lights and the people in red

Auntie holding Lochlan up in the mall so he can see Santa and Mrs. Clause

Braving Black Friday with Ferber!!

Mom, Dad, Lochlan, and I went to the museum of Aberdeen which features memorabilia from around this area all the way back to the 1850's. It was very nice. They also have a wonderful stuffed animal collection and a display of Christmas trees decorated by various groups. It was quite and adventure.

Off to the museum

Mom and Dad helped get Lochlan ready for bed after his nightly bath. They had such a good time and Lochlan having two people for his nightly ritual! Spoiled spoiled!

I love Papa


Papa blowing raspberries

All clean and ready to go, I love you Ferber.

Saying 'Goodnight' to Auntie

This was the last picture taken before they left of Saturday. This was taken Friday night after drinking Chai tea and going to the fire hall.

Bye, Bye

No comments: