So completely blown away by the insightfulness of C.S. Lewis in the
Screwtape Proposes a Toast. It makes me push into Jesus even more so that I won't succumb to the tendency to think "I am as good as you" and thus no longer strive for excellency.
This comes after The Scewtape Letters and is a toast given by the Uncle. Here is the synopsis of The Screwtape Letters: "The Screwtape Letters comprises 31 letters written by a senior demon named Screwtape to his nephew, Wormwood (named after a star in Revelation), a younger and less experienced demon, charged with guiding a man (called "the Patient") toward "Our Father Below" (Devil / Satan) from "the Enemy" (God)."
Here is a link of you want to read it yourself. Copy and paste it and the pdf should download...
Below are the portions that really stood out to me. If I'd had a highlighter I'd have highlighted these :)

No comments:
Post a Comment